Resources – Links for Electrical Injury Research
Helpful Links for Electrical Accidents:
1. National Fire Protection Association Codes and Standards
2. Electrical Safety Foundation International
3. Manufacturers Association
4. Underwriters Laboratories
5. Product Safety
7. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
8. Survivors Assistance
10. Work Hazards
Sites of Electrocution Accidents:
1. Typical electrical problems:
- Wiring surrounded by building insulation of any type.
- Fuses in the fuse box that are larger than 15 or 20 amps.
- Exposed splices (not in an electrical box.
- Cracked, missing, or damaged wire insulation.
2. Construction site accidents.
4. Electrical panels.
5. Places that show that ‘water and electricity do not mix’.
6. Private residence accidents.
7. High power line accidents.
8. Short circuits and dead shorts.
9. Commercial settings, tools and appliances.